Run for the Island Flyer2014 in PDF format for downloading and printing.
Congrats to the 2013 Major Prize winners:
- Mary Conlon – 55″ Samsung 3D LED TV
- Bill Bensinger – Apple iPad Mini
Other Raffle winners were: John Crouch, Bill Olwig, Maylet Martin, Karen Sutherland, John Zink, Shannon Lott, Stephanie Biederman, Carolyn Smith and George Schaub.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
- World Wide Technology
- Coldwell Banker – John Spellman
- Chesterfield Dental Associates
- Herbs and More
- Metro Chiropractic Centre
- Missouri Mercantile
Congrats to our Winners! Full result can be fount on Fleet Feet’s site here.
Here’s a link to the photos that I took today as well as a few from my brother Pat–thanks, Pat.
Laura and Wilto very much appreciate the great turnout. A special “thanks” to all of the support from World Wide Technology and all of our fantastic volunteers: Steve & Rose Schroeder, Donna & Gene Hale, Stephanie Biederman, Jessica Olwig, John Spellman, Tiffany Najbart, Janet & Mark Denny, Ashley & Jerri Ann Jeralds, Danny Olwig & Barry Jeralds, Mike Jennings.
This year’s race is set for October 20th at 8:30am! Beautiful Creve Coeur Park will be the venue for this year’s timed 5K run; 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk, and Raffle. Registration is $25 on line and will remain open until Friday the 18th. Late registration will be available on site, day of race for $25. Cash and checks accepted. Sorry, credit card payment not available. T-shirts can not be guaranteed after Oct. 6th registrations. We’ll have awards for top male/female in the 5K race plus awards for the top runners in each age divisions. Packet pick up will be at the Chesterfield Fleet Feet store on Saturday, Oct. 19th from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Pick up will also be available the morning of the race.
The proceeds from this year’s event will help Laura and Wilto with two very important needs on the Island of LaGonave: one spiritual and one physical.
First, the donations this year will help build a Church to hep serve the spiritual needs which is the core mission of Laura and Wilto’s ministry . God’s Ministry in La Gonave is a 501c3 non- denominational Christian organization that has answered the call to serve our brothers and sisters in Belle-Vie on the island of La Gonave, Haiti.
Here’s a photo of the existing church. You can see that it’s not very sturdy and doesn’t hold up to winds, rain and even hurricanes!
And to meet the physical needs of the community, we’re raising money to dig and construct a cistern for drinking water–something that most of us take for granted every day. Continue reading
- “When students are freed from gathering water, they return to class. With proper and safe latrines, girls stay in school through their teenage years
- Safe water, clean hands, healthy bodies. Time lost to sickness is reduced and people can get back to the work of lifting themselves out of poverty
- Access to water leads to food security. With less crop loss, hunger is reduced. Schools can feed students with gardens, reducing costs.
- Access to water can break the cycle of poverty.”
I now realize the foresight and wisdom Wilto had in ensuring clean latrines were built first! Now we just need a good source of clean water and we’re asking for your help!
- Samsung – 55″ LED – 1080p – 240Hz – Smart – 3D – HDTV
- Apple iPad Mini Black Wi-Fi 32GB
- His/Hers designer sunglasses
- Unique gift cards
- Missouri Mercantile gift basket
World Wide employees can contact Stephanie Biederman or Jessica Olwig for raffle tickets. Tickets may also be purchased on line or day of Race.